Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where is the best place to propose at Town Lake in Austin, TX?

I have not been to Austin in years. I am planning a trip and will be staying at the Radisson at Town Lake. I plan on making a reservation for one of the horse drawn carriages to take us down the lake and back and drop us off at Carmelo's (probably). I am wanting to stop off somewhere to pop the question during that ride. Does anyone have any suggestions of good places in that area to propose? Maybe a nice view, or a nice fountain, or anything. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!|||This is totally just me, but I love my turtle bridge. It is not far from the Radisson. I don't know where your carriage will take you, but from the Radisson, you turn left on the trail (away from Congress). Go past the Four Seasons and the boat ramp and there is a small bridge there. There's like hundreds of turtles below and ducks and egrets. I've never been at night, so I don't know if they're out then.





There's also the bridge when you go the other way (towards Congress), but it is heavily used.





Also, right now, the crape myrtles are in full bloom around the Four Seasons and it is literally "snowing" blooms. It might be as simple as just walking out your hotel lobby.





good luck. Town Lake is one of my favorite places in the world. You'll see me daily at my turtle bridge feeding my snapper turtles!|||Hmmm.... where all does the carraige go? Can you tell them where to go? If you can go down Barton Springs road (south side of the lake then they can stop at Zilker park where there are huge open fields and views of downdown http://tour.airstreamlife.com/weblog/Aus鈥?/a>


Another idea is at the LBJ library (which is next to the UT Campus) has a sweet fountain and incredible views at night but you will want to double check that the fountain will be on because I went a couple times to see it and it was off http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~bump/images/鈥?/a>


Another great spot would be right in front of the UT tower by the fountain at MLK the tower is almost always lit, and the MLK view is pretty cool with statues along the way and a long walk way of granite steps http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpa鈥?/a>|||Awww!!! This is so exciting! I don't know specifics, but wanted to wish you well! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment