Sunday, November 13, 2011

Does anyone know any apartments in Austin that will allow my husband and I and a 3 year old in a 1 bedroom?

I currently live in leander Texas but need to move to austin because I am transferring to UT. Like I said I am a student so I don't want to spend too much on an apartment and a 2 bedroom would cost too much.|||Won't happen. Landlords have a responsibility on this.


If you had a boy and a girl and you and hubby, you woud need a 3 bedroom. Boy/girl can not share a room.


Since its you, hubby and a 3 yo, you'll have to get a 2 bedroom. Even if the bedroom is small, a kid will fit. They fear that you will stick the law on them for allowing them to rent it in the first place.





you'll be better off and much less stressed out, trust me, I rent.|||hmmm, if the laws are the same here in houston, probably not. It requires everywhere that limit 2 people to 1 room. Have you checked out the 1 bedroom studies? you can have 3 people live there.|||By law, you have to provide a bedroom for this child. It is against the law for you to put three people into a one bedroom apartment.|||the only way would be if they did not know about the child.....?|||You'll have to check with the landlords. HUD (federal guidelines) does not limit you to 2 people per bedroom unless the square footage is incredibly small.





Austin probably has a zoning law that limits the number of unrelated adults in each household, but you are married, so that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment