Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To renew a license in Austin I would need to take exam?

I just moved from Idaho and my driver's license is not yet expired. But I need to renew my license here in Austin within 30 days.





Do I still need to take a written or computer exam?





What should I expect?|||I just did this a few years ago when I moved here... I don't remember having to re-take the written exam. Just eye exam, picture taking, showing them i.d., and relinquishing my non-texas drivers license.


Also, if you are wanting to go out to a 21+ venue here, make sure you time it right (unless you have a passport or something), because you'll be stuck with just a paper license for a couple of weeks, and nobody will accept that at bars and the like.


Just FYI.


http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ - but it looks like their website is down.|||its just a written test and a eye exam and make sure you show proof of your ss birth certificate and you will have to surrender you old drivers lisence

No comments:

Post a Comment