Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are the best areas to live in Austin for young professionals?

I am a 24 year old female looking to relocate to Austin, TX. What are the best areas for people like me to live? I like being close to downtown but I don't want to be completely surrounded by college students. I am just looking for a 1 bedroom and am expecting to pay $600-$800/mo.|||Stinks getting conflicting advice, huh?





I am here to tell you there are more than college students in this town and that the people who are telling you go South are right if you want to avoid students and be near downtown.





The people who told you you won't be able to live downtown for $800 are also right.





This page has a map of apartments all over town and it is color coordinated by rent so you can what you can expect to pay for various parts of town.





http://everythingaustinapartments.com/





It has ratings and reviews for some of the apartments in town. Once you have some places picked out...then you can go to places like city-data and start asking more specific questions.





Good Luck|||Some people are saying North Austin, but since you said you want to live near downtown, I would recommend South Congress AKA SoCo. Avoid the areas surrounding UT campus, East Riverside, and East Oltorf b/c all of those areas have students.





Check out city-data.com and search for Austin forums.





Good luck!|||Begs the question ... why relocate to Austin? It's mostly a college crowd to be honest. I lived there for some time.





Location : don't worry - with your budget goals, downtown is not going to be "do-able". Rent.com may give you some ideas ...





I know it's hard to search for apts on the internet. Maybe ask someone you know who commutes to college there... house rentals are available not far from campus.|||There are many best areas in Austin, you can check up on your local city guide if they have any areas your looking for.|||I agree, north Austin is better if you dont want to be near college folks. Try near 183, Jollyville Rd, Parmer, etc...|||Northside.|||I agree.. north austin.





I live off 183 and I really like it here.|||South Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment