Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is the best area to live in Austin, TX?

I'll be relocating from NYC to Austin, TX. Please tell me what is the best area to raise a family in Austin, preferebly not too far from Downtown. Also how much do you pay for car insurance there(Toyota Prius) ? Thank you.|||I have been living in Austin for around 5 years, and I moved from Maryland. I prefer south Austin, but each area has it's over personality. Avoid living east of I35 if you can. South is more laid back, North is more upscale and dressy. Central Austin is expensive. But no matter where you live, you will be 5-15 minutes away from down town, so you are never really very far.





As for car insurance, if varies by provider.|||I know I'm not exactly answering your questions completely, but I will tell you what I know. My brother-in-law and his wife have lived in the Austin area for several years. They moved to a little suburb called Kyle. They apparently enjoy living there because they have been there for at least four years. They have bought a nice house in a nice sub-addition and have had their first child just this passed December. She drives into Austin for work everyday, so that tells you it's not too far away. Personally, I'd opt for a place outside of the city. I'm not a "City Gal". Being from where you're from, you might not mind living in the city. My husband and I have visited Kyle; it seems like a nice little community.|||look for a realtor. ask about the location|||I'm a Realtor in Austin if you want a relocation booklet let me know, I would be happy to help. I can get you info on schools too.

No comments:

Post a Comment