Sunday, November 13, 2011

What is your favorite austin restaurant?

Austin, TX. I've lived here all my life, so I have a lot of favorite restaurants, but I just wanted to hear what everybody else liked. My favorites: Hula Hut, Spaghetti Warehouse, Kerby Lane Cafe, Magnolia Cafe, Brick oven, Star of India, Fudruckers, Z Tejas.


Et toi?|||Favorites, besides the ones that you mentioned, are Mars, Romeo's and Thistle Cafe. Yum! But you really can't beat Hula Hut's queso... I could swim in that stuff.





Oh, and Threadgill's. Their chicken fried pork chop is so good!





Also Vivo's off of Manor. And Hoover's off of Manor, too.|||I love Shady Grove over on Barton Springs.|||I love Which Wich... not a sit-down restaurant but still really good and fun to eat there. I also like Stubb's BBQ.


-B|||Baby A's by on Stone Lake near the Arboretum.|||Maudie's is always a good time.|||Fish Daddies, but I haven't lived here very long, so I haven't tried many restaurants. Don't ever go to Posado's.|||J'adore Chez Nous and Matt's El Rancho. Try anything at Chez Nous (miam miam) and get the beef chili rellenos at Matt's. Love em !! There are many more but I've been out of Austin for years so I don't know what's still around. I do love Kerbey Lane, Sweetish Hill, Chuy's, Texas French Bread, etc etc etc|||I used to live in Austin, so my picks may be out of date, but here goes:





Jeffries Restaurant





Basils





Salt Lick (BBQ, outside town but worth it)





County Line ( BBQ)





Z Tejas





Ruby's|||Trudys for a mex martini and chic texas star nachos|||I have tried several restaurants in Austin when I visit my son. The lasagna at Spaghetti Warehouse is great. I like the chicken enchiladas w/tomatio sauce at Chuy's. The burgers at Hill's are pretty good. Rudy's was fun. I have really never had a bad experience in Austin. Just tried a new one on Ben White, Patsy's Cowgirl Cafe. Good food, good music, funky atmosphere.|||I love Austin land and cattle, nutty brown cafe (technically in dripping springs), the county line, and Macaroni Grill (chain restaurant i know but i love it)





Oh i almost forgot, there's a tiny sandwich place off anderson in the same shopping center as that Alamo Drafthouse... cant remember the name off the top of my head though... but it is AMAZING! and there's a really great coffee shop in that shopping center too|||You are getting some good suggestions. My only concern is that some people are recommending national chains, and Austin has far too many great restaurants to give in to convenience. I will gladly share a few of my favorites based on the type of cuisine:





Mexican/Latin - Curras, Polvos, El Azteca, El Chile, Vivo, Fonda San Miguel, Little Mexico





Italian - Romeos, Treehouse Grill





Austin Standards - Z Tejas, Castle Hill, Hoovers, Eastside Cafe, Shady Grove





Burgers - Hut's, Fran's, Dan's, Sandy's





BBQ - Ben's Long Branch, Artz, Sam's, Ironworks, Salt Lick





Asian - Kyoto (downtown!), Tien Hong, Marco Polo (dim sum), Wok on Fire





Others - Evangeline's (cajun), Galaxy Cafe





I hope this listing is helpful; happy eating!|||Z Tejas, Magnolia, Nordstrom bistro, la Madeleine, whole foods, Central market cafe, city grill, the oasis, matt's el rancho, trudy's, this one seafood restaurant in the warehouse district - forgot what its called. pf chang's|||theres this great cuban place at the very beggining on 6th street|||Start with East side cafe then head over to South Congress cafe and I would end up at Judges Hill. Who by the way is having half off all entries in there dinning room before 7:00 all summer.|||Trudy's


http://www.trudys.com/


(The Texas Star location north of UT)|||Trudy's most popular item- The Stuffed Alvacado, is popular for a reason, it melts in your mouth!!! I get the Chicken Suiza.





Mellow Mushroom has the absolute best pizza I have ever had. The House Pizza is best for a first timer!





If its late and I feel like dinner and a coffee, I head to Kerby Lane, great food and interesting people!|||I like Freddie's Place over on S. First they have great hot wings and chicken fried steak and a great atmosphere. For a great burger I like Dan's Hamburgers on Airport Blvd (always busy). For Italian I just stick with Olive Garden I don't think you can go wrong there, I've only been to Spaghetti Warehouse a couple of times in the past but haven't gone back I know I should cause they do have good food (from what I can remember). That's pretty much all I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment